Choc Almond Coconut Balls
Snack well! 😘Made two batches of protein balls for the week 😊😊Handy to have a container in the fridge for quick snack or treat 💚👌cacao, almond and hazelnut, coconut ( and if I lived anywhere but Aus/NZ I'd suggest nourishing hemp seeds too) #proteinballs #almond #hemp #coconut#cacaobutter
1 cup nuts of choice to grind( I used almonds and hazelnuts, or ground if on hand)
2/3 cup nut butter(I had homemade almond this week, but cashew or hazelnut works, even ABC(Almond Brazil Cashew mix)
1 cup rolled oats( or substitute with quinoa or millet flakes if wanting GF)
1/2 cup cacao
1 tbsp protein powder(pea or ricebran good, can also use Maca instead also! I used 2 tbsp hemp seeds, as for my own consumption!)
pinch Himalayan salt,
2 tbsp organic agave/ real maple/ rice bran syrup/ raw honey
1/4 cup grated cacao butter( melted)
1tsp real Vanilla(ground pod or seeds)
Dash of xylitol if wanting more sweetness
2 tbsp almond milk( happened to have so used)
1 cup organic desiccated coconut to roll in.
All approx, adjust for texture and taste preference.
1. Place nuts and oats in a food processor and process until coarsely chopped(or use ground nuts and whiz up with oats briefly). A chunkier mix helps to hold the balls together.
2. Place cacao, cinnamon, maca (if using), protein powder(or pumpkin seed meal - 49% protein!) and sea salt in a large bowl, then add in the nut/oat mix and stir to blend.
3. Mix together the almond milk, syrup of choice and nut butter and melted cacao butter then add to the rest.
3. Stir until the mixture holds together.
5. Use your hands to shape the mixture into bite-sized balls.
6. Roll in the desiccated coconut(or use shredded for more texture) then place in the fridge to firm up( an hour or two at least). Enjoy!
Based on original recipe Fruit-free bliss balls by Sarah Wilson